Northern Prairie Wildlife Research Center
Endangered and Threatened Species Recovery Program
Listed Species and Selected Species Highlights by State
This section of the report indexes all listed species by State(s) and/or Trust Territory of occurrence and indicates whether the species is listed as endangered or threatened. This section also includes selected species highlights.
Maps included in this section indicate the counties of known occurrence for species. In certain instances, species may be extirpated from the wild in the featured State; in these cases, a blank map of the State will be shown. For multi-species accounts, counties where one or more of the featured species occur are indicated.
The total number of endangered and threatened species that occur in each State are provided here. Species under the jurisdiction of both the Fish and Wildlife Service and the National Marine Fisheries Service are included in the totals; however, species listed as endangered or threatened by "similarity of appearance" and some extirpated species are not.
- Region 1:
- California -- Hawaii -- Idaho -- Nevada -- Oregon -- Washington -- Other Pacific Islands
- Region 2:
- Arizona -- New Mexico -- Oklahoma -- Texas
- Region 3:
- Illinois -- Indiana -- Iowa -- Michigan -- Minnesota -- Missouri -- Ohio -- Wisconsin
- Region 4:
- Alabama -- Arkansas -- Florida -- Georgia -- Kentucky -- Louisiana -- Mississippi -- North Carolina -- Puerto Rico -- South Carolina -- Tennessee -- Virgin Islands
- Region 5:
- Connecticut -- Delaware -- District of Columbia -- Maine -- Maryland -- Massachusetts -- New Hampshire -- New Jersey -- New York -- Pennsylvania -- Rhode Island -- Vermont -- Virginia -- West Virginia
- Region 6:
- Colorado -- Kansas -- Montana -- Nebraska -- North Dakota -- South Dakota -- Utah -- Wyoming
- Region 7:
Return to Species Accounts
Next Section -- Introduction and Legend