Northern Prairie Wildlife Research Center
Wyoming Rare Plant Field Guide
- Similar Species: T. caespitosum has glabrous leaf blades. Hymenopappus filifolius has long, cobwebby pubescence, scale-like pappus, and many flower heads per stem. Rayless Erigeron compositus specimens have hairlike
pappus bristles and a single row of involucre bracts.
- Flowering/Fruiting Period: July-August.
- Distribution: Endemic to SW Wyoming (Sweetwater and Uinta Cos.) and NE Utah.
- Habitat: Sparsely vegetated benches and ridges on coarse, cobbly soils of Bishop Conglomerate. Elev. 8100-8900 ft.
- References: Dorn 1983, 1989 f; Marriott 1988 b; USDA Forest Service 1991.