USGS - science for a changing world

Northern Prairie Wildlife Research Center

  Home About NPWRC Our Science Staff Employment Contacts Common Questions About the Site

Fire in North American Wetland Ecosystems and Fire-Wildlife Relations: An Annotated Bibliography

Appendix B
How to Obtain Articles Cited In This Document or Obtain Additional Literature Review

Most of the citations in this bibliography may be obtained locally or through means of interlibrary loan. Field personnel should avail themselves of the services provided by local public and nearby college and university libraries before requesting additional assistance. Loan privileges may usually be obtained for government and other officially affiliated employees; interlibrary loan services are usually provided at no charge to patrons. Most libraries have interlibrary loan capability, and can provide other assistance in locating the items one needs.

Staff of Department of the Interior Bureaus may obtain additional assistance from their Regional Office librarian or the Natural Resources Library:

Interlibrary Loan
Natural Resources Library
18th and C Streets, NW
U.S. Department of the Interior
Washington, DC 20240

FTS: 343-5815
Commercial: 202/343-5815

For Departmental personnel in the field, the Natural Resources Library will (1) lend books in its collection; (2) provide copies of journal articles from its holdings; (3) obtain copies of journal articles from other libraries, if a free source is available; (4) provide advice on means to locate unusual, out-of-print, or otherwise immediately unavailable items; and (5) perform additional literature reviews if budgets permit. To expedite processing, use a request form to obtain interlibrary loan or other documents (Attachment B 1) or to request literature reviews (Attachment B2). Ranking your requests in order of need will assist the library staff to meet your needs. Note that although there is no limit to the number of requests that may be submitted to the Natural Resources Library, the volume of requests handled by the Library requires that no more than 10 requests from an individual patron be submitted at one time.

Similar assistance for staff of the Department of Agriculture is available by contacting Regional libraries, Forest and Range Experiment Station libraries, or the National Agricultural Library:

Public Services Section
National Agricultural Library
U.S. Department of Agriculture
Beltsville, MD 20705

FTS: 344-3834
Commercial: 301/344-3834

In addition, personnel of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service may contact Research and Development for assistance in locating items of particular interest as follows:

Office of Information Transfer
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
1025 Pennock Place, Suite 212
Fort Collins, CO 80524

FTS: 323-5401
Commercial: 303/493-8401

The Office of Information Transfer can also provide a Technical Information Package entitled: How to Get the Publications You Need: A Guide For Field FWS Personnel Without Access to Library Services (Hindman and Uskavitch 1987) which provides additional information on obtaining library assistance. The Office of Information Transfer acts as liaison between the research and operational communities in the Fish and Wildlife Service, and provides technical assistance of all types at no charge to the requester.

Return to Contents

Accessibility FOIA Privacy Policies and Notices

Take Pride in America logo logo U.S. Department of the Interior | U.S. Geological Survey
Page Contact Information: Webmaster
Page Last Modified: Saturday, 02-Feb-2013 05:32:35 EST
Sioux Falls, SD [sdww54]