USGS - science for a changing world

Northern Prairie Wildlife Research Center

  Home About NPWRC Our Science Staff Employment Contacts Common Questions About the Site

Riparian Areas of South Dakota

Where to Get Help

JPG-Photo of a bird that may be found near a riparian area. Your local United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Service Center is a good place for help to get started when planning for your riparian area.

The USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) has the knowledge and tools necessary for implementing successful riparian management.

The US Fish and Wildlife Service, South Dakota Department of Environment and Natural Resources, South Dakota Department of Games, Fish and Parks, conservation districts, and Ducks Unlimited also assist in riparian planning.

Funding to develop and manage your riparian plan may be available. As you are developing your riparian plan, your local resource personnel can offer direction on possible programs for funding.

Resource planning is available to everyone on a nondiscriminatory basis. Funding programs are available to everyone who meets eligibility requirements of each program.

Previous Section -- Riparian Management Practices
Return to Contents

Accessibility FOIA Privacy Policies and Notices

Take Pride in America logo logo U.S. Department of the Interior | U.S. Geological Survey
Page Contact Information: Webmaster
Page Last Modified: Saturday, 02-Feb-2013 04:56:19 EST
Sioux Falls, SD [sdww54]