Northern Prairie Wildlife Research Center
A Comprehensive Review of Observational and Site Evaluation Data of Migrant Whooping Cranes in the United States, 1943-99
Listing of Tables
List of Tables in Text
- Table 1 -- Occurrence of errors in legal descriptions of site locations, by state, as determined by comparison to mapped crane locations.
- Table 2 -- Pooled habitat and crop types for descriptions of feeding and adjacent habitats.
- Table 3 -- Frequency (%) of whooping crane sightings at named locations during 1943-99 (57 years) and 1977-99 (25 years), corresponding to the site evaluation program.
- Table 4 -- Distribution of site evaluations among states, overall and by season, and percent of total season observations occurring in each state, 1977-99.
- Table 5 -- Number of situations in which there were multiple sub-observations for a single main observation, by state, 1977-99.
- Table 6 -- Percent of wetland observations defined as having unconsolidated bottom, aquatic bed, unconsolidated shore, or emergent vegetation relative to wetland system, by site use, 1977-99.
- Table 7 -- Frequency (%) of emergent vegetation types, by wetland system and site use.
- Table 8 -- Frequency (%) of potential foods available at feeding and dual-use sites, 1977-99.
List of Tables in State Summaries
- Table 1 -- Number of site evaluations and total number of confirmed observations of whooping cranes, by 5-year periods, 1943-99.
- Table 2 -- Number of site evaluations, by wetland system, site use, and season, 1977-99.
- Table 3 -- Site ownership (no. observations), by season and site use, 1977-99.
- Table 4 -- List of named rivers, lakes, and reservoirs where whooping cranes were sighted, 1943-99.
- Table 5 -- List of named federal and state conservation areas where whooping cranes were sighted, 1943-99.
Previous Section -- Appendix III. Metadata
Return to Contents
Next Section -- Listing of Figures