Northern Prairie Wildlife Research Center
The New Mexico Breeding Bird Atlas Project
Important Private Land Reminders
- No private land will be visited without the permission of the landowner.
- In contacting private landowners, carefully explain the purpose of the proposed visits and share an atlas fact sheet.
- If permission is granted, understand that the visits are a privilege that obligates us to treat their property with respect.
- Volunteers will share a copy of all data gathered on private property with the landowner either during a visit or shortly thereafter.
- We appreciate landowner cooperation with the project. We understand if landowners choose not to participate.
Previous Section -- Access to Private Land
Return to Handbook Contents
Next Section -- Surveying Your Block